Friday, April 10, 2015

Meet Your Merchant - Olivin's



 Name of Business:  Olivin's 
Location:
205 N. Talbot St. St. Michaels, MD 21663
Website:  OlivinsStMichaels.com  
Facebook: Olivin's
Phone number:  
Shop: 410-745-2062  Cell: 410-924-6607
Hours of operation: 
April- May 1st Monday and Thursday 10-4
Friday and Saturday 10-5 
Sunday 11-4
After May 1st:  Monday thru Saturday  10-5, Sundays 11-4

Who are the owners? Bill Acosta
How and why you started your business?  Went to a tasting room in New York and loved it. Decided it was time to get back into my own business where I could be creative. I used to own a health club for 18 years in PA. I am a personal trainer and life coach. I missed interaction with people and having a business to let my creative juices get used. I like the best of everything in life and with health background felt EVOO, aged balsamic vinegar,coffee,dark chocolate and sea salt were better choices . As a former trainer and life coach I enjoy helping others have a fun experience and take there tastes buds on a journey.

What do you sell/make/do?  Olivin's is that fun tasting experience. We sell Extra virgin flavor infused olive oils, aged Italian Balsamic vinegar, flavored sea salts, Artisan dark chocolate, award winning maple syrup, amazing lemon curd, locally fresh roasted coffee and more. I search the globe and try to source locally whenever possible for the best healthy products.

 Where is your business located and why did you choose your location?  Olivin's is located at 205 North Talbot street near Mill street. I chose the location because there was a public parking lot and rest rooms in back and entrance to CBMM.





What strategy do you use to draw people to your establishment?   My strategy is simple: Put others 1st above profits. Provide a fun tasting experience in St Michaels. Yes you can taste pretty much everything we sell. A huge inventory and selection to choose from. Plus and coach who loves people to guide you on your adventure. We provide pairings and give many cooking suggestions.. I feel networking with other businesses is also very important. I see a vision that we make St Michaels an amazing destination for day trippers and vacationers and maybe they make this their home.. You the customer comes first. We strive to make that happen. We listen to our customers and will continually push towards being the best we can be for them period.


What is your strategy for growth in the next year?   My strategy for growth is do it better, listen better and be creative and cutting edge wherever possible. I have faith that I am the worker and God will be faithful to that as I trust him. Showing others kindness and compassion in a world that needs unconditional love is my core belief.

What is the best thing about running a business here?   The best thing about running a business is be able to have an avenue for my creativity and be in a position to serve others to make there life a little better. I feel I was led to St Michaels and love this opportunity. Thanks to all my supporters and friends and family who make this adventure possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment