Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Meet the Members - Balanced Care Physical Therapy


Location: 1110 S. Talbot Street Saint Michael's
Phone number: 410-745-8025
Hours of operation: 
Open Monday - Thursday 8:00-5:00, Friday 8:00 - 2:00


Who are the owners?
Stacy Fox, PT, DPT

How and why you started your business?
I have been treating patients in an outpatient Physical Therapy practice for 24 of my 25 years of practicing Physical Therapy. I love what I do, helping people feel better, helping them get back to what they need to at home work and play. My way of saying: “Getting you back to you, with one on one personalized care.”  I take pride in treating each patient as a person and not a diagnosis or a body part. There is an indescribable satisfaction and feeling when I see the progress and I pride myself in being able to find out what individual path that person should take to help them reach their goals.
After working in the corporate Physical Therapy world for 25 years, where the process is driven by driving the most appointments possible, I found it became harder to offer the individual specialized treatment I take pride in. It was time for me to branch out on my own, so I opened Balanced CarePhysical Therapy.

My goal is to offer the community the specialty treatments I continue to learn through continuing education, keeping my practices up to date with the ever changing treatments as new research drives the Physical Therapy world. I believe each patient should receive the respect and personalized care they deserve.
I returned to school after 22 years practicing as a Physical Therapist to obtain my Doctorate in Physical Therapy, graduating in 2014.  I offer current, researched base Physical Therapy in line with the most recent medical advances. In doing so, my patients start healing faster and decrease the chance for limitations at home work and play. As Physical Therapy practices continue to change, finding more specific exercises and treatments has helped progress patients to heal faster with less cost for the patient and the health care system.

What do you sell/make/do?
What I like to think I do is improve people’s quality of life. I do that through Physical Therapy with techniques that are modern and specialized, allowing them to return to a healthy, active lifestyle.

Offering services:
Pain prevention, wellness programs, Geriatric Rehab, Manual Therapy, Orthopedic Rehabilitation, Total Joint Rehabilitation, Injury prevention, Neuromuscular Re-education, Individualized treatment programs, Pre/Post-Surgical Rehabilitation programs, Sports Medicine Rehab, Functional exercise programs, Spine Rehab.


Specializing in treating:
Arthritis pain /Discomfort, Auto injuries, Balance Disorders, Carpal Tunnel, Foot and Ankle Pain, Acute and Chronic pain, Lower back pain, Muscle and Joint Pain, Fibromyalgia, Lower Extremity Pain, Musculoskeletal Disorders, Neck, Shoulder and Arm Pain, Neurologic Problems, On-the-Job Injuries, Pre/Post-Operative Cases, Sports Injuries, Stiffness and Weakness, General Orthopedics.



Photos by Danny Douglas Photography



Where is your business located and why did you choose your location?
 
Balanced Care Physical Therapy is located in the Bay Hundred Shopping Center by Sam's Pizza. 1110 S. Talbot Street Saint Michael's
I supported myself and my studies while attending Daemen College in Amherst, New York, by Opening a jewelry kiosk called Rings andThings. During that time my mother, Ellaine Hering, had been sailing with a friend and was introduced to the beautiful Town of St. Michaels

After obtaining my Bachelors in Physical Therapy from Daemen, I began to establish my career first by focusing on being a traveling PT. My mom decided to relocate with Rings and Things to the town she fell in love with, St. Michaels, Maryland. That was over 23 years ago.
After a year or so of traveling, I decided to relocate to Maryland and began to establish myself as a local Physical Therapist while managing a clinic. 
In May of 2014, my husband Ken and I tied the knot, merging our families. We were both enamored with the Town of Saint Michaels, and when my mom asked us to get involved with Rings and Things (so she could start to wind down her career), we recognized that as the chance to work towards retirement dreams of spending our days here. We made plans regarding the store, which turned into the possibility of establishing my own clinic, where I could provide the level of care and personalization that had been lost in the corporate world.
Having been a part of the St. Michaels community for over 23 years with my mom, I was very familiar with the seasonal nature of the town. But I knew there is a thriving community when the tourists leave that could benefit from my style of treatment. Planning with the local business people was very comfortable, as I knew them most of my adult life.
I decided to try to be convenient to St. Michaels, Tilghman and all points in between, while still providing an additional option for those coming from Easton. I was able to find a convenient location near Sams Pizza, right off the main road. We began construction and opened our doors on June 22nd of 2015, at 1110 S Talbot St., Suite 5, Saint Michaels.

What strategy do you use to draw people to your establishment?
By offering researched based Physical Therapy and treating patients with the attention and respect they deserve to help them obtain their personal goals.
I work very closely with the local doctors to make sure they know their patients will receive personalized, one on one treatment with a focus on recovery.

What is your strategy for growth in the next year?
I will continue getting to know the community and what it needs; developing and expanding any specialty programs needed that are not already being offered. It will be important to meet local doctors and let them know what I have to offer their patients.

What is the best thing about running a business here?-

I like the feeling of community here. I have been a part of St Michael's for 23 years and we want to retire here.

No comments:

Post a Comment